About Mathe Communications and Erin Mathe
I thought I would jump out of the frying pan and into the fire around 2002. Moving into a public relations career at Carmichael Lynch Spong (now Spong) sounded way easier than news. I was in for a surprise – and a second education.
Leading national campaigns for brands such as American Standard, Cargill, Maytag and Sherwin-Williams and traveling to New York City to coach spokespeople through media interviews proved to be more work than filing a few stories every day, but man, was it fun.
The good news is that my combined newsroom and PR agency experience gives me an inside understanding of what newsroom decision makers are looking for so I can get your company media attention. People think a press release is the way to do it, but often times it’s simply a matter of writing a compelling pitch and reaching out to the right contacts.
I’ve been working for and with local, national and trade media for more than 20 years. I welcome the chance to help you reach your audience through the right media channels.
BohLand Development, Clockwork Active Media Systems, DOJO, ENKI Brewing, FRWD, FABCON, Friends & Neighbors, General Mills, JT Mega, KWP Consulting, Master Communications Group, Olson, The Joint, The Wedge Coop, Salo, Xcel Energy.
- Media relations
- Media training
- Marketing communications
- Crisis management, planning and response
- Issue management
- Internal communications
- Media monitoring
- Event planning and management
- Promotional communications
- ENKI Brewing: New Brewery Square Coming to Victoria
- FABCON: 40 Years, Thousands Of Projects, Countless Friends: Dave Anderson Bids Farewell To FABCON
- General Mills/Kroger/Yoplait: Light Up Your Story for Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- The Wedge: Wedge Table Opens on Eat Street
- Xcel Energy: Minneapolis Institute of Arts LED Lighting Case Study